Fontographer - Reasons for using Fontographer
Font Editor Font Editors Font Converter Software Font Software Type Software Font Utils Font Utilities font manupulating fonts, editing fonts, generation, font editing fonts exploring, font conversion , font manipulation, generating fonts.
All the software typographers ever need to generate, edit, manipulate, convert and explore digital type (fonts).
| || |
| || |
Page 2 of 2
Reasons for using Fontographer
- Open and generate Type 1, TrueType, OpenType, Type 3 and Multiple Master fonts
- Exchange working files with FontLab Studio, TypeTool or ScanFont using the FontLab VFB format
- Copy-paste or import outline artwork or bitmap images (with customizable autotracing)
- Examine or modify the font encoding
- Design or change any character in the Glyph Window
- Edit metrics and kerning in the Metrics Window
- Easily set up and modify technical font parameters, font naming and linespacing settings in a comprehensive Font Info dialog
- Automatically improve the font’s screen quality using sophisticated autohinting algorithms
Created with the designers in mind
Unlike any other font editor on the market, Fontographer 5 combines an easy, intuitive and very efficient user interface with our mature, state-of-the-art font creation technology, making it a perfect font editor for graphic designers, DTP professionals, calligraphers and type designers who do not with to dive into the technical details of font creation.
Ease of use
Originally developed by the same team that stood behind Freehand’s success, Fontographer (or "FOG" as some call it) was the first software product on the Mac ever to include Bézier drawing tools, and has been famous for its clean, robust and easy-to-use user interface ever since.
Professional Font Software
Thanks to the completely restored font generation engine, Fontographer builds PostScript Type 1, TrueType and OpenType fonts of the same quality as our high-end FontLab Studio product (it also supports less-popular formats such as Type 3 or Multiple Master).